Antonio Barrena Tocino
I have a degree in History (Universidad de Cádiz), as well as PhD in Maritime History and Archaeological (Universidad de Cádiz). Since 2011 I have formed part of Universidad de Cádiz ‘s PAI-Hum 440 research group. As a formal member as this group I have collaborated in several projects and publications through I have specialized in lithic technology.
This concluded with the development of my doctoral thesis in 2018. This job covered about the production and reproduction way in Benzú rock-shelter (Ceuta, Spain) and other surroundings placements.
Currently I’m working in IMF-CSIC under contract from Juan de la Cierva-Formación program learning about functionality and technology with under direction of Ignacio Clemente.
Selection of international publications for the last five years
- Ramos-Muñoz, Jose Francisco; Barrena-Tocino, Antonio ; Cantillo-Duarte, Juan Jesús; Vijande-Vila, Eduardo; Ramos-Garcia, Pablo. 2019. Similarities and differences in the lifestyles of populations using mode 3 technology in North Africa and the south of the Iberian Peninsula. Quaternary International. Pp. 66-79.
- Clemente-Conte, Ignacio; Ramos-Muñoz, José; Domínguez-Bella, Salvador; Vijande-Vila, Eduardo; Barrena-Tocino, Antonio; Almisas-Cruz, Sergio; Bernal-Casasola, Darío; Fernández-Sánchez, Diego; Fernández Ropero, María del Carmen. Raw materials, technology and use-wear analysis of scrapers and points of the rock shelter of Benzú. Quaternary International. In Press, Corrected Proof.
- Ramos-Muñoz, Jose Francisco; Bernal-Casasola, Dario; Barrena Tocino, Antonio ; Clemente-conte, Ignacio; Vijande-Vila, Eduardo; Cantillo-Duarte, Juan Jesús; Almisas-Cruz, Sergio. 2016. Middle Palaeolithic Mode 3 lithic technology in the rockshelter of Benzú (North Africa) and its immediate environmental relationships. Quaternary International. pp. 21-35.
- Vijande-Vila, Eduardo; Dominguez-Bella, Salvador; Cantillo-Duarte, Juan Jesús; Martínez-López, Javier; Barrena Tocino, Antonio . 2015. Social inequalities in the neolithic of southern Europe: the grave goods of the Campo de Hockey Necropolis (San Fernando, Cádiz, Spain). Comptes Rendus. Palévol. 14, pp. 147-161.
- Barrena Tocino, Antonio . 2015. RAMPAS. El Abrigo de Benzú y la Sima de las Palomas de Teba. Avance de un estudio tecnológico comparativo. 17, pp. 17-27.