At the present, I am a scientific researcher of the Spanish National Research Council in the Mila & Fontanals Institute (Archaeology of Social Dynamics group) in Barcelona. I have conducted several research projects within the framework of various calls of the National Plan of the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness, in addition to other projects in regional calls, having recognized four sections of research activity by the National Evaluation Commission for Research Activity (CNEAI).
My scientific work has been focused mainly on the study of socioeconomic strategies carried out by the last hunter-gatherer groups of the Mesolithic and the first Neolithic peasant communities, as well as their dynamics of change, in the western Mediterranean basin. This research has as great reference the lacustrine settlement of La Draga (Banyoles, Girona) and the Neolithic process in the northeast of the Iberian Peninsula.
My specialty is the study of technological innovations and technical skills in Prehistory, especially those related to the production of lithic tools. Over the last few years, I have been conducting researches on the availability of raw materials and the quarrying activities developed in their procurement. All this has been carried out within LITOcat’s project framework, based on the constitution of a siliceous rock collection for the Northeast of the Iberian Peninsula.
Selection of international publications for the last five years
- Oms, F.X.; TERRADAS, X.; Morell, B. & Gibaja, J.F. 2018. Mesolithic-Neolithic transition in the northeast of Iberia: Chronology and socioeconomic dynamics. Quaternary International 470, pp. 383-397 [DOI 10.1016/j.quaint.2017.06.003]
- Revelles, J.; Burjachs, F.; Palomo, A.; Piqué, R.; Iriarte, E.; Pérez-Obiol, R. & TERRADAS, X. 2018. Human-environment interaction during the Mesolithic- Neolithic transition in the NE Iberian Peninsula. Vegetation history, climate change and human impact during the Early-Middle Holocene in the Eastern Pre-Pyrenees. Quaternary Science Reviews 184, pp. 183-200 [DOI 10.1016/j.quascirev.2017.08.025]
- Ortega, D.; Roqué, C.; Ibáñez, J.; Beamud, E.; Larrasoaña, J.C.; Sáez, A. & TERRADAS, X. 2017. The chert from the Castelltallat Formation (south-central Pyrenees): archaeometric characterization and archaeological implications. Archaeological and Anthropological Sciences [DOI 10.1007/s12520-016-0458-1]
- Gibaja, J.F.; Subirà, M.E.; TERRADAS, X.; Santos, F.J.; Agulló, L.; Gómez-Martínez, I.; Allièse, F. & Fernández-López De Pablo, J. 2015. The Emergence of Mesolithic Cemeteries in SW Europe: Insights from the El Collado (Oliva, Valencia, Spain) Radiocarbon Record. PLoS ONE 10(1): 1-18 [DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0115505]
- TERRADAS, X.; Gratuze, B.; Bosch, J.; Enrich, R.; Esteve, X.; Oms, F.X. & Ribé, R. 2014. Neolithic diffusion of obsidian in the western Mediterranean: new data from Iberia. Journal of Archaeological Science 41, pp. 69–78 [DOI 10.1016/j.jas.2013.07.023]